hotels face rising demand for personalized services
Customer Relationship Management in the hospitality industry can be broken down into many activity fields. However, email campaigns (targeting groups) are today’s backbone of guest communications, while personalized services (e.g., delivering individual guest treatments) are often lagging behind. As the importance of personalization is continuously increasing, so is the need for an adequate CRM System.
Using CRM systems creates unique challenges starting with compliance of the ever-changing rules and regulations regarding data protection (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, etc.). Integrating a CRM system correctly into the existing system landscape also has a high importance in order to ensure a high quality of the data (avoiding duplicate information or different data silos). A CRM system should also be able to analyze and report data efficiently to support the hotels in their goal to maximize revenue.
For acquiring a suitable CRM system, h2c organizes strategy sessions with hotels and hotel chains in order to analyze the currently employed system landscape as well as current and future demands for the system. The identified requirements will then be incorporated into the decision-making process.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CRM) RFP AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Assessment of business needs and processes, taking the current and future hotel portfolio and relevant market trends into consideration
RFP COMPILATION AND EVALUATION
- Specification of functionalities, scope of services, terms and conditions based on the conceptual design phase
- Identification of interface requirements to existing systems and determination of depth of integration
- RFP coordination (e.g., agency briefing)
- Provider assessment in terms of functionalities/services and cost
- Consolidation and evaluation of initial RFP responses and adjustment of proposals
- RFP evaluation and short listing of vendors
- Coordination of provider presentations
- Presentation of vendor performance, highlighting strengths and weaknesses as well as cost-benefits of each system
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT
- Generation of project plan and coordination of all involved parties
- Definition and communication of hotel chain standards to vendors
- Creation of SOPs and manuals
POST- IMPLEMENTATION: PERFORMANCE MONITORING AND PROCESS OPTIMIZATION
- Identification of business and technology options for future developments
- Strategy definition workshop
- Identification and compilation of client’s team feedback into one requirement specification document
- Development of complete RFP documentation e.g., including customer’s system landscape, Excel spread sheet with detailed criteria to be fulfilled, cost sheet template, etc.
- In-depth system/provider and benchmark analyses
- Presentation including key findings and recommendations
- Implementation of selected system and post implementation services
DJH appointed h2c to assist their CRM Request for Proposal (RFP) process. The core objective was to find an experienced CRM provider with the best cost-benefit-ratio to meet DJH’s special requirements.
The CRM project is very important for us in order to eliminate numerous data silos owing to DJH’s federal structure.Nadine Schäfer, Teamlead Member Management